Friday, August 29, 2025

Vance assures Trump is fit, but declares himself prepared for top post if needed

Date:

US Vice President JD Vance has said he is prepared to take charge as the President of the country if an unforeseen tragedy were to strike Donald Trump, while emphasising that the President remains in good health and full of energy.Speaking about the President’s work ethic, Vance praised Trump’s ability to remain highly active and engaging. He underlined that his own experience in office so far has given him the right kind of preparation to step in if ever required.

Speaking to USA Today on Thursday, Vance said, “The President (Donald Trump) is in incredibly good health; he’s got incredible energy.”

“While most of the people who work around the President are younger than he is, I think we find that he actually is the last person who goes to sleep; he’s the last person taking phone calls. He is the first person who wakes up and the first person making phone calls in the morning,” Vance said.“So, yes, things can always happen; terrible tragedies happen, but I’m very confident that the President of the United States is in good shape, he’s gonna serve the remainder of his term and do great things for the American people,” the US President said.

“And if God forbid, there’s a terrible tragedy, I can’t think of better on-the-job training than what I’ve got in the last 200 days,” he added.

Earlier this month, Donald Trump had suggested that Vance is “most likely” his heir apparent to serve as the Republican nominee in 2028, the furthest he has gone in backing Vance as a future presidential candidate.

“Well, I think most likely,” Trump told reporters when asked whether Vance was the heir apparent to the movement he has inspired.

“In all fairness, he’s the Vice President.”

Trump also proposed that Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio join forces for a future Republican ticket.

In the past, Trump has declined to offer any endorsement for a 2028 successor.

In February this year, he said that Vance was “very capable” but that it was too early to name him as the leading candidate.

Vance, a 40-year-old onetime Marine, has carved out a sizable role in the Trump administration, serving as a key diplomat and top surrogate selling Trump’s domestic policy at home and foreign policy abroad.

Rubio, a former Florida senator, has emerged as a significant figure in an administration that has spent considerable time tackling thorny foreign policy dilemmas. He is the first person since Henry Kissinger to serve as both secretary of state and national security adviser.

Read More: A company, by itself, warns traders of risks after 134% rally in a month

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Vikram Solar shares jump 13% after muted debut; what should investors do?

Shares of Vikram Solar made a subdued debut on...

PVR Inox share price gains 12% in August; should you buy more or book a profit? Experts weigh in

PVR INOX शेयर की कीमत ने अगस्त में (28...

Trump administration asks military base near Chicago for support on immigration operations

The Trump administration asked a military base outside of...