The assault comes only days after a roadside bomb killed a Pakistani Army captain and four security personnel in the same region.
Baloch separatists have intensified their operations against state forces, with Kech considered one of their strongholds, as per News18.Pakistani government officials reportedly said the military has lost over 150 personnel in Kech alone since the beginning of 2025.
On September 15, the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) released video footage through its media wing called Hakkal, which showed coordinated attacks on security convoys in Tump and Zamuran, both located in the Kech district.Baloch Liberation Army
The BLA has been behind a series of high-profile assaults. In July, it claimed to have carried out 284 operations in the first half of 2025.
According to a report by The Balochistan Post, the group said these actions resulted in the death of more than 668 Pakistani military personnel. These operations reportedly included fidayeen raids, town occupations, and even the hijacking of the Jaffar Express train earlier this year.
The report further stated that the scale of attacks this year nearly matches the group’s total operations for all of 2024, when it claimed 302 strikes, leaving over 580 dead and more than 370 injured.
Balochistan’s Kech region continues to witness frequent armed confrontations between Pakistani forces and separatists, with an escalation in both the scale and intensity of violence.
ALSO READ | Here’s how India reacted to Pakistan’s security pact with Saudi Arabia
(Edited by : Shoma bhattacharjee)

