Thursday, August 20, 2026

NCW to probe TCS Nashik harassment case, forms inquiry panel

Date:

!– wp:paragraph –>

The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Wednesday (April 15) has taken suo motu cognisance of alleged sexual harassment cases at a Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) BPO unit in Nashik, and constituted a fact-finding committee to investigate the matter.

The panel, set up under provisions of the NCW Act, will visit the facility on April 17 to conduct an on-the-spot inquiry, examine the relevant circumstances, and assess the response of authorities. It will then submit a report within 10 working days, per the announcement.

A total of nine FIRs were registered in connection with the said allegations of harassment and religious coercion since March 25. The issue has now become a widespread concern on social media as well after Nashik police confirmed the harassment with a 40-day undercover operation from mid-February. They tracked the behaviours of the accused managers and team leaders, and by April 7, seven employees were arrested, while an HR manager is in police remand for allegedly ignoring a victim’s complaint email.

Several parallel investigations, including one by the police and the Nashik Collector’s office, are already underway.

Also Read: N Chandrasekaran calls TCS Nashik allegations ‘anguishing’; COO to lead probe

NCW’s committee includes retired Bombay High Court judge Sadhna Jadhav, former Haryana DGP BK Sinha, Supreme Court advocate Monika Arora, and NCW senior coordinator Lilabati.

The commission has also detailed that the investigation will involve studying the circumstances leading to the incident and conducting inquiries at locations beyond the Nashik facility, if needed, in addition to the routine interactions with victims, police officials, and company representatives.

It will also be tasked with recommending action against those responsible, and suggesting measures to prevent recurrence and improve workplace safety.

“The National Commission for Women remains committed to ensuring a safe and dignified working environment for women and will take all necessary steps based on the findings of the Committee,” NCW said in a statement.

Earlier in the week, Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran said the case is being treated with “utmost seriousness” and that “a thorough investigation” is underway.

The Nashik Collector’s office has also initiated a parallel inquiry under the Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) Act, 2013.

!– /wp:paragraph –>

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

India cuts sugar stock limit to 15 days: What it means for prices and supply

India has tightened sugar stockholding rules for bulk consumers...

FCNR(B) inflows to boost liquidity, ease funding costs for banks: SBI, PNB, IndusInd chiefs

Foreign currency non-resident (FCNR) deposit inflows are set to...

ICICI Pru AMC’s Lalit Kumar bets on steel, textiles & manufacturing exporters; cautious on hospitals

Lalit Kumar, Senior Fund Manager at ICICI Prudential AMC,...

India’s income growth is lagging consumption, says CLSA; GDP seen easing to 6% in FY27

India's household income growth is not keeping pace with...