Saturday, May 23, 2026

Nestlé says 12 tons of KitKat candy bars stolen en route from Italy to Poland

Date:

Swiss food giant Nestle says about 12 tons, or 413,793 candy bars, of its KitKat chocolate brand were stolen after leaving its production site in Italy earlier this week for Poland.The company, based in Vevey, Switzerland, said in a statement Friday (March 27) that “the vehicle and its load are still nowhere to be found.”

The shipment of the crunchy bars, made of waffles covered with chocolate, disappeared last week while en route between production and distribution locations. The chocolate bars were to be distributed throughout Europe.
The missing candy bars could enter unofficial sales channels across European markets, the company said, but if this does happen, all products can be traced using the unique batch code assigned to individual bars.A spokesperson for KitKat said that as a result, consumers, retailers and wholesalers would be able to identify if a product is part of the stolen shipment by scanning the on-pack batch numbers. If a match is found, the scanner will be given clear instructions on how to alert the company, which will then share the evidence appropriately.

“Whilst we appreciate the criminals’ exceptional taste, the fact remains that cargo theft is an escalating issue for businesses of all sizes,” KitKat said in a statement.

“With more sophisticated schemes being deployed on a regular basis, we have chosen to go public with our own experience in the hope that it raises awareness of an increasingly common criminal trend,” the statement added.

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Nomura highlights the one stock to play the EMS theme, projects 30% upside

Shares of Avalon Technologies Ltd. surged as much as...

Paytm Pocket Money to FamApp: 8 apps helping teenagers make digital payments without bank accounts

पेटीएम द्वारा पॉकेट मनी लॉन्च करने के साथ, एक...

US mulls new strikes on Iran: Report

The United States is weighing new military strikes on...

US jury finds Boeing not guilty in 737 MAX grounding lawsuit

A US jury found Friday that aerospace giant Boeing...